FAQ Common Questions
Internet Low Bitrate Codec (iLBC), High-complexity speech codec that is suitable for robust voice communication over IP. iLBC has built-in error correction functionality that helps the codec perform in networks with a high-packet loss.Codec quality:
- G729 - Low-bandwidth, good for small/medium connections, supported by most devices (licence required for asterisk)
- GSM - Low-bandwidth codec, slightly better quality than G729; not supported by all devices
- G.722 – HD, High Bandwidth codec, this produces the best results
- ULAW (G711u) - High Bandwidth codec, but gives good quality for high-speed connections
- ALAW (G711a)
Recommended speed for codec:
- 1500/256 or Higher = G.722, G.711u or G729
- 512/128 = G729 or ULAW (If your connection is of good quality)
- 256/64 = GSM or G729
Note: If you are on a higher speed you can use the lower speed codecs. This will allow you to make more simultaneous calls.
Log in to your account, go to Settings-General Settings-Voicemail, input your email address and create a PIN to access your voicemails and voila, your voicemail is activated. For more options dial 121 and input your PIN.
Please email email@example.com or call us on 131 454
- Credit Card
- Pay ID Payments
- PayPal, Credit Card: Payment will go through immediately
- Pay ID: 1 - 3 business days
- Credit Card: When using a credit card to make a payment you will need to follow the steps and complete the verification process. Once you have entered your details you will be provided with the following options:
- VERIFY NOW: Verify the nominal amount that has been charged to your nominated credit card. You can check your bank statement or your online credit card statements for this amount. Please note you will have been charged by Siptalk Pty Ltd. Payment will then be approved immediately.
- VERIFY LATER: You will receive a credit card verification email with an attached link. If you choose to verify at a later date, you will be able to access the SipTalk portal but will be unable to use our VoIP service. To verify at a later date login to the portal and click on the blue toolbar. You will then be asked to confirm your verification amount. Please note that at this stage you have only been charged the verification amount and will still need to confirm your SipTalk order.
- SKIP VERIFICATION: If you decide to skip the verification process, a new window will open and you will be able to select an alternative payment method. To receive a refund of your small verification amount please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DIDs can be purchased at any time. You can request a new DID through the user portal and the payment will be charged immediately from your SipTalk balance.